Alternate User Names

I knew I should have done Latin GCSE ;)

(Given that it's a joke, there are an awful lot of people out there who think that loco tenens is the correct phrase...)

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Well I suppose, depending on what the doc is doing, he might need to be 'holding you in place' so maybe it is apt that way? :)

On an unrelated note, for some reason my wife does not think Slartibartfast is a good name for a baby. Go figure.

I've never heard the phrase locum tenens (or Slartibartfast, for that matter :laugh:) in the US...I had to look it up, so I just assumed (based on Spanish classes in high school a million years ago), that Rory was playing on the translation of loco as "crazy".
For a locum tenens nurse, we would use the phrase "registry nurse", but even that might be region-specific. In the academic world we woud use phrases such as substitute teacher, acting dean, acting superintendent, etc.

She vetoed that ages ago, along with Spartacus!

If she were having twins, I'd have more pressing things to worry about than names! :eeek:

I'm with Luke - you would so never tire of that joke!

(But the idea of a small child saying "My name is not important" is nearly making me cry...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GunsofBrixton

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back