adding TWO Queries to a report

chubbychap

Hi

I have two separate un-related fields (Field A & Field B) in my main table, each of which will have a "Y" or "N" entered for each record. The contents of Field B are NOT dependant on the contents of Field A. I want to create a query, and then a single report that will show the number of "Y"s present in each field. Something like:

Y's in Field A = Number1 Y's in Field B = Number2.

I have previously created 2 separate queries to calculate the number of Y's in each field. I have found that the only way to get the two numbers to appear on one place is to run another query that basically puts to two numbers together on the same query. I have then run a report on this final query. The way it is currently, it will work, providng that there are Y's present in each Field. If Field A has Y's but Field B has none, my report doesn't show anything for with field. I'm at a loss.

Can anyone help? By the way its my birthday today!!!! :biggrin: If you can help, then you WON'T have to buy me a present :LOL:

Many Thanks

Chubbychap :p

Well, not only have I learned how to show 2 separate counts on one query/report, I have also learned that I need to test things in more detail and with more commonsense.

I thought Mike's suggestion had worked, but I now realise that I didn't have any "N"s showing in either field when I tested it. I simply entered a number of Y's in each column, ran the query and got the right count as a result, hence I thought it had worked. How stupid do I feel??? :oops:

I have since thoroughly tested the solution offered and this DEFINATELY works.

If I'm fortunate to teach anybody anything it will be - ALWAYS TEST YOUR WORK THOROUGHLY!!!!!

Many thanks again to Mike & Russell for their time and their willingness to work though my problem and come up with a solution.

Chubbychap :p

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmix803

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back