Access UserForms

Mark O'Brien

MrExcel MVP
Am I completely raving mad or are userforms in Access completely impossible?

Does anyone have any strong opinions as to why I shouldn't just use Access to store my data and create my GUI using VB6?

Fricking Access. :LOL:

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
The VB (VB "proper") route is not that uncommon. I've never heard any performance objections to that approach - moreover, in the past, compiled VBA executables far outperformed VBA (by perhaps factors of thousands in some aspects). I don't know if this is still the case.

There may be enterprise or distribution considerations, though as you know end users would not have to have VB per se to run the executable.

I had a far smoother time of Access myself after the "21-day" book (Sams publishing, I believe). Even the first third or half was effective (YMMV).

Upvote 0
No strong opinions, other than that much of the data-binding stuff is already done for you, and there's a reasonable wizard there to do some of the boring stuff (like subforms). Access forms are just fiddly and it seems whatever you do, and unless you're some sort of creative genius, they look rubbish.

Mind you, as long as you normalise your database properly, you really shouldn't be having any problems... :devilish:

Upvote 0
Mudface said:
Mind you, as long as you normalise your database properly, you really shouldn't be having any problems... :devilish:

I take back what I said about your neighbours. :LOL:

I've got my favourite Access book out of the library, again. I'm looking into using the VBA garbage in Access to make it a self contained app. I shall have no bound controls in my forms, let me tell you that much. I am not messing about with that crap.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugubara

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back