Access Modules

smashclash

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I use Access Macro's to spit out a few reports all from one database. I just noticed the module tab in Access and I have a question. Currently, I run my macro and various tables are created that are excel spreadsheets. After I run these macro's all the Excel sheets are open. I then have Macro's in excel for each report I run to format them the way I want.

My question is, can I put those excel module (macro's) into the Access database so when the reports are finished running they auto format themselves in access rather than having me format them in Excel? I do not do any formatting of the reports after Access spits them out. I simply click on the run macro in excel and that's it.

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
This is something I've been looking for... Before I mess around with the code will this work in Access 97/Excel 97?

Upvote 0
I am fairly sure it will. Access97 should be no problem but I have been using Excel2000 for some time now and don't recal all of the differences. Just make sure you add the references so that the Excel bits will work.

Peter

Upvote 0
Hullo. Just saw this thread, and thought I'd offer up some code that works fairly well. It's not pretty, but it takes query info from A97, and writes it directly to an area in E97, does some Excel magic, saves the workbook, and e-mails it out via Novell GroupWise.

If folks would like it, PM a request, as it's a bit too big for a "considerate" length post.

HTH (y)

P

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sledparty

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back