Access Field Not Updating

Excel_77

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I have an Excel spreadsheet uploaded to Access, and created a table in Access for it to feed into. I needed a new field so I updated my source spreadsheet and added the field into my Access table, however the information from the Excel spreadsheet has not fed into my Access table, what could be wrong?

I've refreshed the tables and the link is working.

I'm very new to Access.

Same problem, deleted all instances of the table and uploaded a new table and created a table to feed into which again doesn't pick up any of the data within the source excel spreadsheet.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
If you uploaded a new table, what then are you creating? Uploading the data already creates the table?
Please explain, in step-by-step detail exactly how you are importing the data and whatever else you are doing.

Upvote 0
Ok imported the spreadsheet using the link feature, the spreadsheet is called source, this appears in Access as an Excel logo.

Next I go to the Access table that has all the data and headings within it and I refresh this link in the "Linked Table Manager" section and then when I access the table the filed called Currency is still blank.

Upvote 0
The linked table with the Excel logo IS the Access table.
I have just taken a sheet and linked to it from Access. I then went in and added another column.
That columnappears immediately in Access when I next open the table.

So it appears you are going one step to far. the data you should be using is in the table with the Excel logo. That is just indicating that the table is linked to an Excel sheet.

Upvote 0
So what is the Access table above it relating to? Also I have a form below, how do I get this new field to feed into it?

Upvote 0
I also based a form on the XL table (let's call it that to distinguish between an actual Access table)
Just add fields as you normally would in this situation, be it an Excel linked table or Access table.
If you do not know how, open form in design mode, then click on the Add Existing fields icon

Upvote 0
It's possible the particular data in the spreadsheet is not getting picked up by Access. What's in the column?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachetsely

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back