A nice feeling on a sunny day

Patience

I have just taught my colleague about conditional formatting, and rather than get the normal "yeah whatever, thanks" comment, I got the unusual "wow this is great! I really want to know more cool things now" type response.

Which is a really nice feeling that i wanted to share with you. (Also makes me more glad I am leaving as I don't want to be challenged by a would be guru!) It's nice to have an appreciative student.

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
You mean you didn't read all 28 pages of the 'What do you do for a living thread?' :-D

Yes - I have a new job with the college where I am studying - I will be looking after the research grants for PhD students in one of the Schools. Similar work, I think, but a bit more autonomous, for a company I really want to work for, and down the corridor from the college library, and most importantly downstairs from the college bar!

No - I haven't. I am just totally pulling your leg cos I am feeling mischievous!

I have just started an MA in Classical Civilisation. I do two evenings a week - one on Homer, and the other on the core course (which is a lot of everything Greek and Roman.) Next year I will do one more option course, and a dissertation, which will probably on the Heroic Code in Homer, using Telamonian Aias as a case study (he was the guy who was second only to Achilleus, and killed himself after losing out to Odysseus in the competition for the armour of Achilleus.)

Two weeks in and I am already totally knackered.

Bryony - that sounds very cool, if slightly too much like hard work ;)

Have you seen Eddie Izzard's routine on Achilles? I believe it may be compulsory material for your course :biggrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GunsofBrixton

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back