5 minute Edit limit

Re: Edit Time Limit

Tx[/quote]

If I'm not mistaking, it does say it...right after you post.[/quote]

Perhaps this is true for the original thread, but NOT when you submit a reply to a thread. (Or is it not possible to edit a reply to a thread if I am the author of that reply? If not, why not - as the same reasons for wanting to edit would apply to authors of replies as they do to thread originators)

Re: Edit Time Limit

BigC said:
If not, why not - as the same reasons for wanting to edit would apply to authors of replies as they do to thread originators)
I really don't think its THAT big of a deal... I mean, 50 minutes is, in my opinion, long enough to correct any spelling mistakes, typos, f** up's, errors, etc., etc.

Then, after that, the post stays how it is... just to "preserve" the knowledge if you will... and it doesn't appear for new topics either...

You're quite correct Juan Pablo - its not a big deal (after all, this site is loaded with tips, tricks & traps that are not big deals - but they are helpful hints & suggestions that might make things work just that little bit better).
I don't have any problem with a 50 minute limit, but I think the author (whether the thread originator or poster of a reply) should be advised immediately after submitting their post that there is a time limit in which to edit their post. If it can be explicitly stated for the thread originator it can be stated for subsequent thread "repliers".

Cheers & keep up the good work.

I'll just add that I am visiting after a long absence, and I find that I have to change some links to other threads that went bad in some of my posts because of URLs changing to "board2" from "board", but I can't because of this time limit thing.

Actually, I think not allowing a thread to be edited after almost a year is a good thing ;)

Unfortunately, there's not anything to do about the old links other than manually editing them in the address bar to reach the correct page.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ogoreo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back