5 minute Edit limit

pliant

Board Regular
if you can't edit after 5 minutes...could you take the edit button away too?

Just curious on why the time limit? I tried to correct some spelling errors but couldn't. I'll need to be more careful on my spelling in the future! :LOL:

Brian, I don't want to give explicit examples, because I don't..., but for example, I remember a case where the OP deleted his question to chage it for a "Thank you"

I believe that 10 minutes *should* be enough though to correct those spelling errors...

Better still Juan / Brian is when the OP compleatly changes his question.

This is why i try to let a few minutes pass before i read new posts

Jack in the UK

BTW i beleve its up to the discression of the member to be fair and reasonable, i have no issues on any time edits

The 50 minute time limit is ridiculous. When I saunter back to the board after several hours of working, I want to be able to correct any gibberish that I may have typed earlier in the day. Otherwise, I'm going to look like a completely incompetent fool. :biggrin:

I'm just kidding, but I did just get thwarted by the 50 minute rule and remembered this thread.

Re: Edit Time Limit

It's a long time since I've posted a thread to the board, and I got caught out by the edit time limit which wasn't in operation last time I posted.

Would it be possible to include a warning in the confirmation screen displayed after a post is submitted that the author has 50 (??) minutes in which to make changes - rather than just let them find out by surprise when they go back to edit it?

Tx

Re: Edit Time Limit

BigC said:
It's a long time since I've posted a thread to the board, and I got caught out by the edit time limit which wasn't in operation last time I posted.

Would it be possible to include a warning in the confirmation screen displayed after a post is submitted that the author has 50 (??) minutes in which to make changes - rather than just let them find out by surprise when they go back to edit it?

Tx

If I'm not mistaking, it does say it...right after you post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ogoreo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back