1:29 Minute Drill by Favre

NateO

Legend
Not looking for a sports argument, per se. But that was pretty incredible. Any football fans see this?

That game should have been over, in a losing effort for the Vikings. Yet somehow I knew to sit tight and watch - and man did I get rewarded.

Wow. One of the more unbelievable football games I have ever watched. :biggrin:

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Well each week with the Cincinnati Bengals is definitely a roller coaster. We usually get to see many great endings, but typically not in our favor. :)

I've been a Favre fan since the Green Bay glory days. It makes me happy that he's still out there doing it at his age.

I've also been an occupant of Ohio for 30 odd years... And have often wished the we had a pro football team:diablo: At least we have the Buckeyes:biggrin:

But that was pretty incredible. Any football fans see this?:biggrin:
Yes it was vintage Favre and yes those of us here in San Francisco sure saw it, thanks for the reminder Nate. The 49ers are having a good season so far but these are the kinds of games where they need to shut down the opposition for the full 60 minutes. Kudos to the Vikes, that's why they brought in veterans like Favre and Greg Lewis who caught the pass that a lot of other receivers would not have come down with in bounds.

A few notes about the college game, we're Stanford Cardinal football season ticket holders and of course were at the game Saturday night when we knocked off #24 UW. Harbaugh's building that program into a competitive product, fun to watch.

As for my undergraduate alma mater Michigan State, well, let's just say they're in a rebuilding year and it's not easy being green in 2009. I already have hotel reservations in East Lansing for next September's game vs Notre Dame.

Sorry, Tom. Certainly not brought up to trample on 49er fans or anything of the sort - you guys played a great game. Should have won.

It was just an incredible drive and play. I like your Coach and direction - you guys stuffed the best RB in the league, on the road. You'll win football games playing like that. :)

I'm used to seeing incredible ending like that, unfortunately they usually come at my team's expense (the Bills).

The opening week loss to the Patriots was a heartbreaker, a game that they had all but wrapped up. That is the third consecutive Monday night game they lost in the fantastic fashion in the closing minutes. They ought to request that the NFL do not put them on Monday nights anymore...

I watched that Bills game - couldn't believe they lost that game.

So, does that make you a TO fan? :eeek:

Actually, he played it cool in his press conference the other day...

Back to the 49ers for a second. This might sound odd, but I think if I'm a fan of theirs, I would come away from that game not feeling too badly. They played pretty well, but they got Favre'd - and I've been on the opposite end of that stick many a day.

Last edited:
No, I am not a TO fan, though I don't hate him either. He's just another Prima Donna athlete who likes to draw attention to himself (there is no shortage of those in sports today). At least he isn't a criminal!

I actually find myself feeling a little sorry for TO, though. It is obvious that the media was trying to bait him into saying something stupid after his last game, and he wasn't taking the bait.

He is really in a no-win situation with the media. If he takes the bait, then it is all over the news, and they say "its the same old TO". If he doesn't, then they label him as uncooperative and not being a team leader.

It really irks me when the media tries to "create" the news instead of merely reporting it (aka, their job!). This extends to politics as well as sports, but we certainly don't want to go there!;)

Oh, TO was clearly being baited. I was impressed he decided to not go there, that was sound judgement - something he doesn't always excercise. I do wonder if the Bills' head coach is in trouble, though?

The other way to look at the 49ers performance, is that the Vikings didn't cover the spread - 7 points. That's a very good Vikings team, on both sides of the ball, and they really outplayed the 49ers in the first half (score didn't indicate this).

When you look at the final score, it was a 3-point difference, that's the spread you get just for being home. So from a Vegas perspective, they played a very good team pretty evenly. And had it not been for a 1st ballot HOF QB, they would have won.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabat01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back