MrExcel Excel Videos

Learn Excel from MrExcel - Excel tips and tricks from Bill Jelen.
Todays problem involves a complex data set with headings throughout the data. We want to add new columns to the dataset, but it is incredibly tedious to copy the new column headings throughout the report. Episode 546 shows you how to use a combination of AutoFilter, and Visible Cells Only to solve the problem. This blog is the video podcast companion to the book, Learn Excel from MrExcel. Download a new two minute video every workday to learn one of the 277 tips from the book!
My favorite trick is to double click the fill handle to copy a formula. But, this requires the column to the left to have no blanks cells. Today, Suzanne from Chicago gives us a great trick of how to overcome a sparse column to the left of the formula. Episode 545 shows you how. This blog is the video podcast companion to the book, Learn Excel from MrExcel. Download a new two minute video every workday to learn one of the 277 tips from the book!
In yesterdays podcast, I showed how to rearrange one column. But what if you need to rearrange all of the columns? Episode 544 shows how to use a little known sorting trick to sort the columns back to the original sequence. This blog is the video podcast companion to the book, Learn Excel from MrExcel. Download a new two minute video every workday to learn one of the 277 tips from the book!
Jonathan writes in to mention Ctrl ; enters todays date. In Episode 542, I run through several of my favorite shortcut keys, including Show Formulas, Visible Cells Only, and more. This blog is the video podcast companion to the book, Learn Excel from MrExcel. Download a new two minute video every workday to learn one of the 277 tips from the book!
Daan Sprunken (who was a runner up in one of the last challenges) writes in to mention that there is a better way to find the last Saturday of the month, as we discussed in podcast Episode 524. Daan points out that the MOD function would have made that formula easier and he is right. Not enough people think of MOD, so in Episode 541, I take a look at several different MOD examples. This blog is the video podcast companion to the book, Learn Excel from MrExcel. Download a new two minute video every workday to learn one of the 277 tips from the book!
I love the DATE function. While some Excel functions are rather picky, the DATE function can handle just about anything that you throw at it. Want to know the 35th day of January? No problem. Want to know the 17th month of 2008? Easy. Want to know why this matters? Well, watch Episode 540 for a cool trick with the DATE function. This blog is the video podcast companion to the book, Learn Excel from MrExcel. Download a new two minute video every workday to learn one of the 277 tips from the book!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craigvan888

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back