Word Tables to Excel Spreadsheet

Chris Waller

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have been emailed a large number of Word documents which contain a large number of tables. I have been asked to put the data onto an Excel Spreadsheet so that some analysis can take place. Each Word document contains 7 tables. However, the tables vary in number of rows and columns (approximately 66 cells in total). I am only interested in the response to each question rather than the questions themselves. What I would like to do is copy the information from all these tables onto one Excel Spreadsheet.

On an Excel Spreadsheet I have created a row that contains all the questions what I need to do now is to copy\import the answers and place them on a single row under the relevant columns. I am trying to do some analysis and I need all the relevant data from all the Word Documents placing on a single Spreadsheet. Currently I do not know if the data on the Spreadsheet will be in the same order as the cells within the Word Tables. As my VBA knowledge is next to nothing, I would appreciate some help.

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back