VBA Excel linked cells not saving

LabProARW

What I am trying to do is have an Excel 2003 spreadsheet (A) where data gets entered, and a summary Excel spreadsheet (B) where I have graphs set up to take the linked data from A and graph it. All of this so that a supervisor can log onto the company network and open spreadsheet B and see graphs of the various important test results.

What I see happening is that since spreadsheet B stays open in order to be constantly updated by links to spreadsheet A -- that a supervisor when they log on to the company network from home only sees the last saved version of spreadsheet B and not the realtime version. The only way that this works is if the supervisor ALSO loads the other spreadsheet which totally defeats the purpose! :(

I'm am guessing that I should come up with a way to VBA code spreadsheet A to automatically make spreadsheet B save, so that B would be current whenever it got opened.

*The overall goal is to make certain values quickly available to offsite supervisors. Maybe I will find out if this can be done with email or text message while not using Outlook... but for now the above plan would suffice.

Any kind individuals have the solution?

Thanx!

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
al mugheen

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back