Union in Powerpivot

ellenl5974

I am trying to join two tables with a UNION ALL statement in the Query Editor.

One of the tables is an external csv file link, and the other resides in the workbook where I am conducting the PowerPivot.

I am write the SQL query to access the external table, but it does not seem to recognize the table within the same workbook. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Ellen

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
I've never done what you are doing so it's hard for me to help. Are you able to succeed with this when the second table is in *another* workbook (one that is NOT open) rather than the one you are currently using? I wonder if the fact that the current workbook is "open for read/write" is the problem or if it's something else.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply, Rob. That may be it. I can do it if it is in a separate sheet, but I am trying to reduce the number of places where the user inputs information.

Would love to find a solution.

Upvote 0
Sounds like "open for read/write" is indeed the problem. I don't think there's a workaround for that, you will have to find a way to make it acceptable for the second source to be outside the current workbook.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davenil

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back