Pulling differences between columns of two worksheets

BenLewis11

In Excel 2007, I am working on a Loan Portfolio Report. The report compares all loans (number, officer, amounts, etc.) each Monday with the same information from the prior week.

It is important for me to be able to show which loans are new (not on the prior week's report) and which are gone (on the prior week's report and not on this week's).

Is there a way to select a column of this week's data (ex. Customer Name) and a column of that same data in last week's worksheet and have a small section of a worksheet that will tell me which Customer Names are new and which are gone? If so, what is the function and is there a tutorial or some help that will assist in adding this function to my report.

Thanks for any assistance.

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Here's one way to do this - the formula in C2 is copied down to cover the entire list of this week's names:
Excel Workbook
ABC
1last weekthis weeknew this week
2TomRonNew
3MaryJane
4JaneTom
5PaulHarryNew
6JohnAlice
7AliceCharlesNew
8TimNew
Sheet1

Upvote 0
Thanks JoeMo,

This worked perfectly. Now to be able to organize this, I'd like to have a seperate smaller section on a different worksheet where the important information would flow to. For example, if cell C2 is New, enter cell B2 (Ron's name) in seperate worksheet cell A2.

The problem arises though where I have about 120 lines of data to compare old versus new and fit it into a space about 10 rows high. Typically there are only 1 or 2 "new" results per report, so the "new" results would fit into the 10 spaces. For example, I might have a "new" result in row 48 and row 60, and I would need the important info from these results to get placed in cells A2 and A3, respectively, of another spreadsheet.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks again for the help.

Upvote 0
Here's one way to consolidate the new names. You can easily adapt this to a new speadsheet to hold the new names. Note that I've modified the formula in C2. C2 copy down, F2 copy down to cover your 10 rows.:
Excel Workbook
ABCDE
1last weekthis weeknew this weekConsolidated list of new names
2TomRon1Ron
3MaryJaneHarry
4JaneTomCharles
5PaulHarry2Tim
6JohnAlice
7AliceCharles3
8Tim4
Sheet1

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joaotcosta23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back