Managing sports into seperate list and a master

starberst

I am trying to create a spreadsheet that will contain the list of all athletes at our school. Other sheets (Tabs at the bottom) are to have each sport and those athletes that participate in that sport. As I add a new student (athlete) to the master list, I want them to add or delete from the individuals sports sheets. I was thinking I could create the individual sports first then populate a master list. I am stuck. Is there a video on line you would recommend I watch? Thanks

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Welcome to MrExcel.

Why don't you have one sheet with a list of athletes in one column and their sport(s) in another column? Duplicate the athletes if they have more than one sport. That way you will be able to use Excel's built-in data analysis tools like AutoFilter and Pivot Tables.

Upvote 0
This list has a lot of other information attached to each row like GPA, last, first, grade, student ID, gender and sport. when I fill in the sport cell, I want it to populate that particular sports spreadsheet with all of the students information just like the master. there are 26 sports and about 500 athletes. This way each coach can have a list of their athletes on their own spreadsheet. Not sure if this is possible.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khairianr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back