Loan repayment calculator

danielexcel

Hi,

I'm brand new to this forum and fairly new to excel. I'm building a property investment model and one stage of the model is a loan repayment calculator. I have built it and it runs perfectly. However, I want to add a feature that allows you to see how many days you could save from the total of the loan if you make a one extra repayment.

Basically I have tried the following formula but I would have to type it out over 300 times and I don't think excel allows and IF function to be used that many times in the one formula. Basically what I'm trying to achieve is, if one cell in one collum equals zero what is the value of the corresponding cell two collums over.

ie

=IF(D10=0,B10,"")IF(D11=0,B11,"")IF(D12=0,B12,"") etc

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Do you want to sum the corresponding values, or just get the first occurrence where D is 0, or perhaps the last occurrence?

Upvote 0
Hi,

I'm brand new to this forum and fairly new to excel. I'm building a property investment model and one stage of the model is a loan repayment calculator. I have built it and it runs perfectly. However, I want to add a feature that allows you to see how many days you could save from the total of the loan if you make a one extra repayment.

Basically I have tried the following formula but I would have to type it out over 300 times and I don't think excel allows and IF function to be used that many times in the one formula. Basically what I'm trying to achieve is, if one cell in one collum equals zero what is the value of the corresponding cell two collums over.

ie

=IF(D10=0,B10,"")IF(D11=0,B11,"")IF(D12=0,B12,"") etc

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

have a look at this site Free Loan Calculators for Excel

They have number of examples you can download for free.

Dave

Upvote 0
Yeah I've looked at that site before, I kind of want to build my own one from scratch as I am studying towards an economics degree at uni and if I need model designing skills anyway.

Thanks though mate!

Upvote 0
OK, exact match VLOOKUP returns 1st match.

=VLOOKUP(0,CHOOSE({1,2},D10:D310,B10:B310),2,FALSE)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back