Eliminate Value with Macro in Excel

Natbosco03

Hello,

I am a brand new member and this is my first post. I am creating a finance excel sheet for a credit card that I own. I record all of my transactions and sum these values up according to the bank accounts that I pay my debt through. For example, I have my personal transactions that will come out of my personal checking account. I have personal transactions for my girlfriend which will come out of her personal checking account. I sum these values up and I put a red font "Paid" next to any of the transactions that have been accounted for and paid for by the respective accounts.

My goal is to create something like a macro that basically turns the value into a zero when I paste the red font "Paid" next to it. But I do not want the macro to physically change the value to a zero. I simply want excel to read any value with a red front "Paid" next to it to be read as a value of zero. This will create an updated sum at the bottom of the excel sheet where I have all the totals of the debts according to the accounts.

I really hope this makes sense!

Thank you!

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
You don't need a macro for this, you can use SUMIF or SUMPRODUCT function instead of your regular SUM.
Something like =SUMPRODUCT(--(RANGOFPOSSIBLEPAIDTEXT<>"Paid"),RANGEOFNUMBERSTOSUMUP)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greggy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back