Dynamically Update Multiple Spreadsheets Stored on Networked Drive

DemonCipher13

This one is a complicated question.

I have several spreadsheets that are added to, subtracted from, and changed daily.
These spreadsheets list the location and information of various tissue samples - I work in the medical field.

There are two types. Type A: The pre-existing spreadsheets, which need to be kept, but updated. These are organized by type of tissue. Then we have Type B: The new, updated spreadsheets. These are organized by Freezer.

Both sets must remain, but I want to have the data 100% accurate in the Type B spreadsheets, input said data into the Type A spreadsheets, and eliminate the need to update two, or three, or four separate spreadsheets at the same time. I want to simply go to the appropriate Type B spreadsheet, add or delete from the data what I will, and know that it will be automatically added/deleted/edited from/on each of the others.

Now it needs to be mentioned that there is a huge amount of data on each of these spreadsheets, approximately 5000-10000 rows apiece.

I hope there is a macro that can be developed, but it would expedite work around here so much, as well as ensure the maintenance of accuracy.

What can I do?

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back