Chart Series Over Time are overlapping

yyyghb4

I've tried searching with little luck, probably because I don't exactly know how to word what I'm looking for, so sorry if this has already been answered.

Here's what I've got...
A pivot table with values per day, and the days grouped into weeks. So for example:

7/4/2010 - 7/11/2010 | 4
7/11/2010 - 7/18/2010 | 6
7/18/2010 - 7/25/2010 | 12
7/25/2010 - 8/1/2010 | 8
ect...

I have records for each week going up to present. I want to create three series for sequential groups of records. Then, on the graph, the X axis would be time, and Y would be values. Then Series 1 would run from it's start date to finish, where Series 2 would pick up, and likewise run to the end of it's time, and then Series 3 would pick up.

Right now, all I seem to get is three series, all starting at the begining of the X axis and running in parallel, rather than sequentially. I've tried using Line Charts, XY Charts, and even hybrid charts where one series is a Line type and the other are XY types.

Can someone help me?
Thanks,
George

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
I am not sure that I fully understand the problem but I wonder if you should be having all Series with the same start and end dates - then using #N/A where the dates are not applicable to a series. Using "=NA()" will give you that 'error' and Excel charts will ignore them completely.

Upvote 0
Sorry for the confusion. I was able to create what I wanted, but not how I need to. I had to spilt my data into three different columns, with zero values around my data to get the segments spaced where I needed in the XY chart. Then, when I added trend lines, it of course, wanted to trend then entire X axis for each segment. So I actually used the line tool to draw over the trend lines, and then deleted the trendlines, leaving the drawlings.

Problem is, this is WAY to much work for me to do on a weekly report. Anyone have any easier way to help me get my end results?

Data:

Trending_Data.jpg

Graph:

Trending_Graph.jpg

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lamski

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back