Yardwork

Smitty

Legend
So yesterday I was up at my neighbor’s house helping him hook up the washer/dryer in the new laundry room I built for him (and ran the copper water lines). As we were talking while the washer was filling up for the very first time, we heard my lawnmower start. I quickly realized that in preparation for a visit from her niece and boyfriend (their first to Northern California from Texas), my wife was finishing what I had started. I looked over at my neighbor and asked:
  • “Should I go down and do that for her, or should I be a good, conscientious neighbor and make sure your washer & dryer work properly?”
We agreed that making sure everything was working correctly would be the right thing to do. I mean, there’s no need to walk all the way back down the hill only to be called back if there’s a problem right?

Well, the washer/dryer worked like a champ and my wife learned how to run the lawnmower, so there was an added bonus.

I love yardwork.

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
I think I'll go for #2!

But not even I would let me put a lawnmower attachment on my Triumph Daytona...

Maybe I should just stick with the wife and the push mower?

I find inviting friends round for an impromptu bbq is often a good way of getting the back garden cleaned up a bit. While I was putting the new bbq together yesterday afternoon (after the old one fell apart moving it from behind the garage) they mowed the lawns and cleared the weeds from the patio. All I had to do was chuck a few burgers on and open a beer.

I find inviting friends round for an impromptu bbq is often a good way of getting the back garden cleaned up a bit. While I was putting the new bbq together yesterday afternoon (after the old one fell apart moving it from behind the garage) they mowed the lawns and cleared the weeds from the patio. All I had to do was chuck a few burgers on and open a beer.

Very Tom Sawyer of you!

I do that in the fall when it's time to start splitting firewood for winter. Funny, but I'll have people lined up to go at it with a broad axe & maul.

Of course I do end up with a couple of broken axe handles, but that's ok.

Lawnmowers? You guys got it all wrong man. Your suggestions all require some amount of human - namely your - or in Smitty's case, his wife's effort. (well done man! :laugh:)
Not to mention that most of them produce some sort of pollution in their exhaust.

Now my lawnmower on the other hand doesn't require any effort from me at all. Sometimes I don't even know the lawn is getting mowed!
And... the exhaust actually fertilizes the lawn, though I'll admit makes it kinda tricky to be out there barefoot without ending up with the dreaded 'stink-toe'.

(Oh and I guess there is the lack of distinction between the grass and the carnations, but what the hell? As long as I don't have to do it, right?)

goat.jpg

Last edited:
I was wondering who had Daisy!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
I guess she's earning her keep!!
lenze

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cami_dev

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back