Y/N Drop Down

Mojo1

Board Regular
I would like to put a yes/no drop down on a form. Where do you find this in the controls? When you put it on the form how does the value of Yes or the value of No go to the table?

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Actually, the best place to set it up is right in the table itself, then it should carry right on through to your report.

As you create/edit the variable in your table, select "Yes/No" as your Data Type instead of "Text". Then, go to the "Lookup" tab of the field in the table and change Display Control to "Combo Box", change Row Source Type to "Value List", and then enter "Yes;No" (without the quotes) in Row Source. The field is now a Yes/No drop down box.

You may need to delete the field from your report and then add it back again to get these field changes to take place on your report.

Upvote 0
Combo Box

I put a combo box control on the form made it unbound, then I went into it's properties and made the changes like you said. I believe your process is easier. My question is that if I go and make the changes you suggest and the current value in the field in the table is No and I make a change so the defalt vale is Yes how do I prevent the new default value from being put into the table for the first record.. I guess I could write down all the values of the fields I am worried about and put in the combo boxes and them change them back to their original values if they change??

Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
You kind of lost me...

The changes I recommended are NOT to be done on the Form but on the field right in the Table itself. You should be able to keep the same default values. All you are doing is changing the structure of the underlying field in the Table.

After you make those changes, then you can go to the form and delete your old unbound control and replace it with the actual field itself from the Field list. Since we changed the structure of the field in the Table, the field should automatically show up as a drop down box.

Upvote 0
I totally understand what you did.

I just said there was another way to do what you did as well.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coffiajoseph

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back