XP Easter Egg

Pugster

Board Regular
Hi,

I have tried to get the Win2000 Easter egg (Spyhunter game) but failed (something to do with the service pack).

Has anyone got any info on the XP one?

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
I tried this out as well on 2002 SP3, and it didn't work for me either. J-walk's site states to open the html file with Explorer 5, and I'm using Explorer 6, don't know if that makes a difference though.

Cbrine said:
I tried this out as well on 2002 SP3, and it didn't work for me either. J-walk's site states to open the html file with Explorer 5, and I'm using Explorer 6, don't know if that makes a difference though.

I'm assuming that you're using Excel 2000 as well. Have you got DirectX installed on you PC? You may not have this installed if your PC is used for work only.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx?url=/windows/directx/downloads/default.htm

Pugster, do they still use that slogan for C*mb*rn*uld?

Mark,

I'm actually using Excel 2002, SP3. Or are you referring to OS. My OS is Win 2000, and you are most likely correct about the DX drivers. Our IT dept would mostly likely frown upon us playing network Half-life, although I haven't tried yet. :-D I will have to check it out.

Thanks

Nah, it's not DirectX that's your problem, it's even more obvious than that.

Excel 2002 (aka Excel XP) apparently has no Easter Eggs.

I thought that you were referring to your OS when you said 2002 SP3, but then again I'm mentally retarded.

Well not being one to judge metal stability, life is like a box o chocolates, I won't comment on that. :) The only problem is that J-Walk's site shows an easter egg specifically for Excel 2002, so either your wrong, or he's wrong. Or am I wrong, I'm sooo confused..... :o

Cbrine said:
The only problem is that J-Walk's site shows an easter egg specifically for Excel 2002, so either your wrong, or he's wrong. Or am I wrong, I'm sooo confused..... :o
No he doesn't.... you are confused....

Confused or blind. It's at the top of the page, man :)

JWalk's site said:
Excel 2002 (Excel 10)
The word on the street is that Excel 2002 does not contain an easter egg. Apparently, Microsoft has received complaints about the waste of resources and file bloat.

Van Pookie,

The piece about the microsoft web compents easter egg is in the excel 2002 section and uses excel in order to create the web compent. Wouldn't you think that it's from Excel 2002???? If it was from a different version, it would be in that version section!!! So there, I'm not blind, you are. :-P :-D

Edit: Of course it also mentions Excel 2000, not 2002. OK, so I'm blind. Where's the big seperator line and title that says Excel 2000!!! It's in the wrong section.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rokcmd

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back