XL2BB hangs Excel

JenniferMurphy

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I followed the instructions for installing and using XL2BB. It all went wqithout problems until I tried to copy a table to post. On my first try, I selected a fairly complicated table with several named ranges. When I clicked on the Mini Sheet button, I got the hour glass and at the top it said "Excel is not responding". I waited for about 10 minutes, but it was still hung. I forced Excel to restart. When I did, XL2BB was uninstalled. I reinstalled it and tried again, this time with a very simple table. Same result.

I cannot replicate your issue. If you still want it investigated, can you provide a copy of the file (uploaded to DropBox, OneDrive etc with a shared link here) and tell us what range you are trying to publish with XL2BB?

I cannot replicate your issue. If you still want it investigated, can you provide a copy of the file (uploaded to DropBox, OneDrive etc with a shared link here) and tell us what range you are trying to publish with XL2BB?
I don't recall which thread it was in, so I don't know which book or range it was. It was in the Test section, but it's no longer there. If you have a way to still see it, send it to me and I'll try it.

In the meantime, I tried it on a book that it might have been. When I opened Excel, I noticed that the XL2BB tab was gone, so I went through the install process again. When the tab appeared, I saved and closed the book, because every time it hung and I had to abort Excel, the tab was gone when I reopened the book. But when I reopened the one I just saved and closed, the tab was again missing. I checked the add-ins and it was there, but not checked. I checked it again and closed the add-in dialog. The tab was still not there. I checked the add-ins and it was still checked, but no tab.

? ? ? ? ?

PS: I just retried it with a blank (new) workbook. As Excel is loading, it briefly shows a progress message at the bottom left of the Window that says something like "Loading xl2bb.xlam (0%)". It goes buy too quickly for me to get a screenshot. But apparently, it is being loaded, but it is not showing the tab.

The first one solved the problem of the disppearing tab. I thought it also solved the hang problem as I was able to post a simple table to the test section. I found the table that was causing the problem before. I was able to post a "Table Only" using xl2bb, but the mini-sheet still hung Excel. I then deleted most of a copy of that workbook and was able to post a mini-sheet, so now I need to delete pieces a little at a time until I find what is causing the problem.

More later...

The first one solved the problem of the disppearing tab. I thought it also solved the hang problem as I was able to post a simple table to the test section. I found the table that was causing the problem before. I was able to post a "Table Only" using xl2bb, but the mini-sheet still hung Excel. I then deleted most of a copy of that workbook and was able to post a mini-sheet, so now I need to delete pieces a little at a time until I find what is causing the problem.

More later...
As @Peter_SSs suggested, if you can share the workbook causing the “it hangs Excel” problem, then I’ll be able to see what’s not compatible with the add-in and causing the problem. This way, I might help saving your time that you are trying to find it by partially deleting the content.

As @Peter_SSs suggested, if you can share the workbook causing the “it hangs Excel” problem, then I’ll be able to see what’s not compatible with the add-in and causing the problem. This way, I might help saving your time that you are trying to find it by partially deleting the content.
Yes, I understand, but some of the data in that book cannot be shared publicly. So I am trying to eliminate as much of that as I can, while also simplifying.

I'm getting close. . . . .

Here's a very simple workbook.

xl2bb hangs Excel

I selected B6:B9, which are all constants, but I think pretty much any range will cause the failure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xmrwnx89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back