would like shortcut to jump back and forth between worksheets

pathfinder2000

on a Mac... and want to be able to shift back and forth between two worksheets... the control uppage does not work.. I can right shift and see the list but I want to go back and forth between where I am and the last worksheet I was on like a toggle. How would I do that?

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
If you're not running XL2008 and thus have VBA support you could try something along the lines of the below, within ThisWorkbook object:

Code:
Dim wksPrior As Worksheet

Private Sub Workbook_SheetDeactivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
    Set wksPrior = Sh
End Sub

Public Sub PriorSheet()
    If ActiveWorkbook Is ThisWorkbook Then IIf(wksPrior Is Nothing, ActiveSheet, wksPrior).Select
End Sub

the above is c/o shg @ http://www.excelforum.com/excel-2007-help/709172-excel-shortcut-switch-to-previous-sheet.html

I believe that the Mac versions will be based on VB5 rather than VB6 so the above might not work irrespective of 2008 (I don't know if any of the above would fail - I've no VB5 based version against which to test)...

So all in all I confess the above is all something of a "punt in the dark" in your environment... I hope a Macster out there can help ?

Upvote 0
Thank you for your response. Unfortunately I have no idea how to change code in Excel. If you could explain to me how to do this perhaps I can try it.

Upvote 0
Here is a short macro that I use to jump between worksheets in the same workbook.

It has three values that need to be changed to matck your needs.

Sub gotoButtons()
'
' gotoButtons Macro
' Macro recorded 18-05-2007 by Mike
'

'
Sheets("Buttons").Select
Range("A1").Select
End Sub

The three items that need to be changed are First:
"gotoButtons" just after Sub on the first line. This is the name of the macro that will be displayed in you Macro List. (alt+F8)

Second is "Buttons" change Buttons to the worksheet you want to go to leave the " ".

Third is "A1" this is the cell on the worksheet that you want to goto.

That it, then you have to create a button from the Forms Toolbar and assign the macro you just created.

Mike in Wisconsin

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back