Working out percentage averages

joseway1979

Hi,

I'm building an excel sheet on a games project I'm doing. I have found the breakeven number by dividing my cost of sales by an average sale price, however, I would like to be able to show what kind of split it would be, i.e. 12000 of the £3 game and 20000 of the £20 game.

Anyway this can be done?

Thanks,

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
I do not understand what you are asking - it is hard for somebody very familiar with something to describe it such that a man in the street can understand it

Upvote 0
Hi,

So I have 2 games that I want to sell. One for £3 and the other for £20. They are games that are broken into 10 parts, so you can buy 1 part for £3 or a season for £20 and they are web based. This is just a bit of background info.
My production costs come to £1m, so the way I have calculated my break even amount is by dividing the COP by the average amount I put into the cell.
Now, I would like to be able for that amount of games to be split into a % amount of episode and series games, where I type in the percentage numbers for each one.

Hope that makes more sense.

Upvote 0
no it doesn't, sorry

say you have 5000 sales of £3 and 4000 sales of £20 = £95000

what is your question

Upvote 0
no it doesn't, sorry

say you have 5000 sales of £3 and 4000 sales of £20 = £95000

what is your question

My question is; I need to get to the £1m of sales to break even without having to fiddle about typing in sales in both categories, so I'd like to be able to do the below;

Average Sell price = 10. I would then divide 1m by that and it would be 100000 games need to be sold, however, now I would like to have 2 cells, 1 of them where I type in a percentage amount, which will figure out the remaining % in the other cell, ie, A1 I will put in 50% and in B1 it will automatically change to 50%. Then, by doing that I would like A2 and B2 to fill in with the amounts of £3 and £20 games I will need to break even at that Average selling price.

So it will look something like this;

A1 B2
Avrg Sale Price £10

Amounts to be sold(These Populate, once I input the percentage amounts)
% 50%

Sorry, the above isn't coming out how I want it to. Try imagining that a1 and b1 are further to the right.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Upvote 0
putting 10% into A1 cell the other cell is =100% - A1

do you want a running total of sales to take the "at present" split between £3 and £20 ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back