Workbook Security questions

claytonhp

We have a workbook that pulls information in from a database and also pulls in information from another spreadsheet. We also run a macro to change some values in the workbook.

There are three popup messages when the spreadsheet is opened that I am interested in avoiding that they pop-up after the workbook is sent to a customer.

#1) Security Warning - This sheet contains macros. Disable, Enable, More are the popup options. Short of purchasing a certificate, is there another way of not having this pop up come up?

#2) Workbook contain Links - Update, Don't Update, Help are the command button choices. This doesn't need to update after the information is pulled in and the macro is ran.

#3) Query Refresh - Enable AutoRefresh, Disable AutoRefresh. This doesn't need to update after the information is pulled in and the macro is ran.

Here is my question - Is there a way to turn these popup messages off or systematically disconnect the query Refresh and Workbook Links and Macro Security warning?

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Welcome to the Board!

For the first you need to either set security to Low (which is not recommended unless you have a virus scan program installed - it's what I do), or use a digital signature. See Self-Cert in the Excel helpfile.

For the second you can goto Tools-->Options-->Edit-->Uncheck "Ask to update automatic links". You also have options in the Edit-->Links dialog.

For the Query Refresh you can also set those settnigs in the query options.

Finally, in your code you can use: Application.DisplayAlerts = False at the beginning, which will suppress messages. Just make sure to set it back to true at the end of your code.

Hope that helps,

Upvote 0
For #2 & 3 - Thank you I will try that!

For #1 - I will try the self cert and take it from there.

Thank you

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back