Workbook has no bound sheets

Terry Stedl

When opening a workbook that has approximately 5000 cells linked to another workbook Excel notes that the workbook has automatic links to another workbook and prompts y or n to update linked information. When y is selected a Microsoft Excel message is returned "Workbook has no bound sheets" with ok as the only option. The next message is "Execl.exe has gernerated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." with cancel the only option. When cancel is selected the the same message with ok as the option appears. When ok is selected the program closes.
The linked workbook is created as a file written from a program called Plant Partner which is Excel version 5. I am using Excel 2000. There is no problem if I open the linked file first. Is there anyway not to have to open the linked file. Sorry if this is too wordy. This is my first try at a message board.

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
I'm afraid i don't know of a way around this, i read about a similar problem and theresult was "the problem was that VFP was saving the auxiliary books in v5.0, and the master is in v97."

If you can save the file as v97 or other, this may fix it.

good luck

Upvote 0
George J said:
I'm afraid i don't know of a way around this, i read about a similar problem and theresult was "the problem was that VFP was saving the auxiliary books in v5.0, and the master is in v97."

If you can save the file as v97 or other, this may fix it.

good luck

Thanks for your help

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NghiVmexgdhh

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back