Workbook duplicates paste to new sheet

kylee

Board Regular
Hi all,
I've decided to start getting serious about saving money. I'm a spender in a BIG way and it's got to stop! Therefore, I'm creating price sheets so that I can get different answers to some buying questions.
There are four sheets in the "Price Check" Master Workbook - they are the store names: Kroger, Dollar General, Schnucks, WalMart.

Each line will have the type (only because it seems the easiest way to find dups): Cheese, TP, Meats, etc., then the name of the item, the size/quantity, the dollar amount - the dollar amount will track over 8 weeks for the same item.

I'd like to have a master sheet that would look across all store sheets and give me: Each listing for each category (i.e. cheese - every row that is typed cheese should be copied by group) and highlight the cheapest.

It doesn't really sound that hard, but I can't figure it out. Might be because VBA is greek to me - I am having SUCH a hard time trying to figure that out! Shoot, I haven't even figured out custom macro's yet. :(

So, anyone willing to toss some suggestions my way? I'd sure appreciate the assistance. ~Kylee

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Hi all,

Each listing for each category (i.e. cheese - every row that is typed cheese should be copied by group) and highlight the cheapest.
~Kylee

Couldn't edit so I'm posting a quote to better explain this sentence ...

There may be 50 different entries of the different cheeses I have listed over all sheets, over 8 weeks. I'd like to have ALL cheese entries shown in one group across the appropriate columns (week one, week two, etc.). So, WalMart, Kroger, Schnucks, Dollar General have approximately 15 cheese entries each. They should be in one group with the cheapest entry highlighted so that I only have to look at one sheet when deciding the best place/time to buy something.

Does that make sense?
~Kylee

Upvote 0
Hi kylee,

I think what your after is not easy to just provide a one line answer to or a single formula solution to.

If you want to get the right answers to your question I'd suggest you supply some sample data and expected results(s) and I'm sure you'll get the answer(s) you want. Good luck

Try excel jeanie

http://www.excel-jeanie-html.de/index.php?f=1

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back