Wish list: Sort/filter posts by multiple columns

jasmith4

I've tried to find unanswered posts to be the first to help out, so I've sorted by Replies ascending, and there are lots of them, some that are years old! But the only way to find recent unanswered posts is to sort by Replies, then page and page and page.

I'd like to be able to sort by Replies ascending, then date descending. Or, I'd like to filter for Replies = 0 and then sort by date descending. Can someone there add such a feature to the wish list?

"Quick links" at the top of the forum, "Unanswered Threads". Should be in date order.

There is also a drop down by the sorted by and sort order called "From the" You can set a specific time period, but I still am not sure if they are in date order.

OK, thanks for that. Still a general multiple-column sort/filter would be nice, especially filtering posts which contain / don't contain a certain string

Still a general multiple-column sort/filter would be nice, especially filtering posts which contain / don't contain a certain string
Have you been using Search|Advanced Search (accessed from the blue bar towards the top of the page)? That has quite a lot of filter/sort options including keywords.

Another option, especially if exact strings etc are important to you, is to use Google with the site set to MrExcel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugubara

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back