Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hello,

What better way to spend the evening then assisting one'd
daughter in her revision for her SATS.

And afterwards, do some "revision" of my own on Mr Excel's
website.

Horror............. cannot log on ..........nightmare !

I have a broadband wireless HP LT & am using XP + SP II

Any ideas.........

Russ

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Were you getting any error messages Russ? Assuming you can see other webpages, I doubt it is an issue with your wireless set up.. Sometimes, my (wired) home set up takes absolutely ages to open pages on MrExcel (to the point where I just give up and try again later). So theoretically, assuming you suffered something similar it may simply be due to the MrExcel.com server getting too busy and not responding.

Hi Richard

Long time no speak , you ok ?

The logon page is stating that it does not recognise my
user id !

I have , however had a thought................................

I have just installed a new all singing , all dancing wireless
router ( Orange Live Box) , which allows me & my wife & my
daughter ( We appear to have more laptops in our house than televisions ! ) to access the inter web without our main pc being
turned on.... clever Livebox.

As our logons are e-mail address generated, perhaps i have to
access Outlook on my desktop before i can access Mr Excel on
my laptop ?

Russ

If it's the MrExcel.com log in page, then I don't think it would matter where you were doing it from - I know this sounds like a cheeky question, but are you sure you were inputting the correct username and password? Because I have all of mine saved down in cookies, I frequently forget exactly what they are and then if something happens to those cookies (eg I've mistakenly deleted them) I tend to spend ages trying out different combinations of username and/or password to find out which one works.

Life is hectic at the moment, and I have just come across an incompatibility issue with Access 2007 and 2003 on my home computer - looks like I'll have to give up using 2003, Oh well...

Hi Richard,

Will give it a whirl when i get home , i to am having
some issues with .........

2003 AT WORK , 2007 AT HOME !

Have a good weekend.

Russ

Life is hectic at the moment, and I have just come across an incompatibility issue with Access 2007 and 2003 on my home computer - looks like I'll have to give up using 2003, Oh well...

Not necessarily. I had an issue too, kept only 2007 on my system and then thought "No, dammit, I need 2003 so I know how things work for my clients!" So I downloaded VirtualPC 2007 (free), set up the virtual machine with Windows XP (Vista on main box), installed 2003 in there, and so far, so good. If XP misbehaves, shut down the virtual machine and restart it.

Also gives me access to some of the apps that weren't ready for Vista... and I have set up a shared folder so I can easily copy files between setups. I did find that things are more stable if you stay inside the virtual machine for editing, but I can live with that.

Denis

Hi Denis

That's an interesting idea - I have toyed with the idea of using virtualisation (but mainly so I can run Linux within XP). How powerful is your PC? I have a dual core processor, but it is an old one, and I would worry that it wouldn't have the oomph to run two OSes at the same time.

Cheers

Richard

I PM'd starl (Tracy) to check this post and see if, as a board Administrator, she might have any ideas.

Smitty

I have no idea.
"I can't logon" doesn't provide much info.

and - can you move the 2007 discussion elsewhere? So I can tell what's relevant to this situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beraned1218

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back