Windows font with symbols for keyboard buttons

AOB

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
  3. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
This is a very random question I know...

I'm trying to find a font that includes symbols for each of the keyboard keys (e.g. each of the alphanumeric characters, the Enter key, the Alt key, the Esc key, the Backspace key etc.)

I'm fairly sure one (if not several) exists - basically a symbol representing each key on a standard keyboard, preferably an icon of the actual key (as in, a symbol with the image of the button with the character/name of the button on the top)

I'm 99% sure I've "seen" a font family that includes these kinds of symbols but I can't seem to find it/them now that I actually want to use it, and there are so many fonts in Windows and so many characters in each font, it would take forever to scroll through each and every one of them to find what I'm looking for. Google has not helped, other than to direct me to downloadable fonts (I need something native to Windows, not a third-party family)

Just throwing it out there in case anybody knows what I mean and knows the font that i should be checking (FYI there is nothing in Windings, Webdings, Segoe UI Emoji or any of the obvious candidates...)

Am also aware I could just download an image but would prefer a font symbol if at all possible... Something like the below (which is such an image...)

Escape Key Symbol.png

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Thanks @rpaulson but that's a third party font that needs to be downloaded (and paid for). I'm looking for a Windows standard font that would be available to all users by default.

I may be completely wrong but I could have sworn there was at least one font in the standard Windows set that included some symbols/characters representing keyboard buttons.

Not an entire font dedicated purely to keyboard buttons, just a font that included them in the extended set (á la Segoe UI Emoji, Wingdings etc. - but it's none of those...)

I've a strong memory of skimming over them in the past and thinking they might come in handy at a later date but I just can't find them now that I actually need them 😭

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back