Who's spending their time viewing the test pages?

Rastaman

Board Regular
OK, I'm fairly new to this board and maybe there's a reasonable explanation. But I find it quite odd that of the posts I've made, the one that has been viewed the most is a test of my signature I made in the Test Here section. And I'm not the only one. There are posts with intriguing titles like "Testing" with thousands of views.

(or could it be that my other posts are really boring?)

Rick

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
I was playing around with HTML tables on the test pages one day, and I was surprised that one of the monitors chimed in with a reply about what I was doing.

Good chance that was me that replied :)

I can't speak for the other moderators, but I check that forum whenever I see there is a new post--sometimes we get spammers posting in there. And then there are the HTML tests that go wrong and mess up the page that I delete. Or reply, in some cases :)

Hi,

there is also a logical explanation for the higher average
1. every thread lasts about 50 days on the first page of that forum
2. no questions so they are quick to view
3. with thousands of visits a few clicks a day are easily made

kind regards,
Erik

Hi,

But I find it quite odd that of the posts I've made, the one that has been viewed the most is a test of my signature I made in the Test Here section. And I'm not the only one.

I have never visited test forum at MrExcel before, but inspired by your post I went there and found it to be, well... quite an interesting diversion, especially the posts where people test their avatars and signatures. There is a good deal of psychological depth hidden in test forum posts :lol:

quite an interesting diversion, especially the posts where people test their avatars and signatures.
the Board-information is really inviting us to do so:
Use this forum to test your signature, learn bbcode, smilies, etc.
Moderator Moderators

there is only one reason I can imagine: you can disable to "attach your signature": so people who never displayed it in their posts might want to test it there

(this post without signature)

OK, these are some compelling explanations, but I'm not convinced. Even if every moderator opened each test, and we have people out there doing psyco-analysis on the posters, I somehow can't see getting 439 hits on my signature test. (and not one response!) Maybe Erik is right and people are just happy clickers... :-?

Rick

Well, I suppose it could be due to bots attempting(?) to index/access the pages/post or whatever they do--I don't really know the technical side of that other than "they post spam."

Also, many people accidentally post to the Test Forum, so many Moderators (including myself) patrol there and move and threads that are, in fact, real questions.

I imagine some of the Board Regulars do the same...

Or, maybe there is one member who hits the posts constantly just to mess with you! :twisted:

Speaking for myself, I just work out of the "unanswered" queue from the main page so I can see questions from Access and Excel both. And if I am just working my way down the page to see which ones I might be able to help, I frequently don't really look at anything (like the forum) other than the subject line... And sometimes I don't even really look at the subject line I am just going down the page, or working off of high-views (because that usually means it's a higher complexity problem if it has lots of views and no responses).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gatje

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back