While I am here.... Firefox problem

babycody

I have noticed that when I view some post with Firefox 1.5.0.3 the text and tables aren't wrapped. I have to scroll to the right to see the entire post. However when I right click on the page and select "View This Page In IE" I don't have that problem.

Another very annoying problem is that every once in a while Firefox tries to download a file that starts with PHP. I wish that I had the exact file name written down. When it happens again I'll try to remeber to do that and post back. At any rate this causes Firefox to open up a new tab (untitled). When you try to close the tab it opens the tab again. If you try to select another tab then Firefox starts producing another untitled tab for every regular tab you click on. The only way I have found to stop this is to close and reopen Firefox.

As far as I know there's nothing we can do about the wrapping. That's a Firefox issue.

One thing I can recommend is that if you have the Greasemonkey extension, check out this script (assuming userscripts.org ever comes back up :rolleyes: ): http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/2679

As to the other thing you mention: can't say I've ever heard of that. Is this happening here on the board?

Yes Kristy. Usually when I go to post, and sometimes when I refresh a page.

I see that in some of your post here that you use Firefox. That is why I thought I'd mention it. Do you have the same problem with the wrapping?

Yep, some of the posts head way on over to the right, there. The userscript I linked to above generally works pretty well, I find.

Thanks Kristy. I downloaded greasemonkey and installed the script.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJPsmt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back