Where are you?

Von Pookie

MrExcel MVP
Sure, we have the little flag icons that people can use, but that can only say so much.

Just for fun, I set up a "guestmap" for MrExcel board members.
So now, you can actually mark your location on a map and see where others are, as well! :)

To the map!

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
This from the gal whose profile lists location as "The act or process of locating." ?

Tracy, are you on a farm?

Hey Kristy

Love the idea cool or what - jiuk works on dial up, no realy jiuk does, old and slow (bit like jiuk) - the map does not load, areas are missing maybe to much to download for my poor old laptop Sony Viao 800htz 256mb on dial up.

Also Your message to jiuk reads:
I'll be living here by September, so I'll just go ahead and mark it as such now :)

Notice the errors?

Take care Kristy and be lucky - maybe You can add jiuk if You like, Located South London, UK. landmark would be know world wide 'Brixton' jiuk is about 1 mile or 1.8km from the Police Station for some ideas

Message _ Be good and more so be lucky, Happy Excel!

Jack - South London (where a lot of action is)

Heya Jack!

Just for S&!ts & Giggles, I added you. You're at the intersection of Coldharbour Lane, Effra Road, Brixton Hill & Acre Lane, just south of Brixton Station.

I didn't see the "Cop Shop", but let me know if you want me to move it. :wink:

Take care,

Smitty

EDIT: Now that I know you can go THAT deep, I'll have to mark my new house. (Wait, do I REALLY want any of you to know where I live? :wink: )

Kristy: how do I change it now?

Greg - technically, I'm on an acreage - just 12 acres. No animals (except for rabbits, squirrels, skunk, deer, coons, possum). Occ. horse sit for a friend

Jack in the UK said:
Love the idea cool or what - jiuk works on dial up, no realy jiuk does, old and slow (bit like jiuk) - the map does not load, areas are missing maybe to much to download for my poor old laptop Sony Viao 800htz 256mb on dial up.

Also Your message to jiuk reads:
I'll be living here by September, so I'll just go ahead and mark it as such now :)

Notice the errors?

Looks like the message is displaying the HTML code for the apostrophes instead of the thing itself. I don't know what to tell you, though--everything is working and looking fine for me. Although I *do* know that you can only zoom in so far if you're using the satellite view. I think it depends on the area.

Looks like Smitty added your info for you, though :)

So smokenack is my 'near' neighbour.
There must be a member closer to me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekerinik

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back