• MrExcel is my job

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In my spare time at home

• I'm always here because I have nothing better to do

• Total voters

Lewiy

Just out of curiosity really....There are many frequent posters on the forum who just always seem to be around!! When do you all find the time to sit and post?

To start you off, I tend to log on in the morning at work and dip in and out during the day when I have a few spare minutes lying around (hope my boss doesn't read this :) ).

Other than that, MrExcel is my home page on IE at home so I tend to jump in every time I log on to the Internet before I use it for whatever I actually logged on for!!

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Actually, the first, second and fourth choices would all get my vote.
I log on in the morning and check in throughout the day too, but I actually do get on &
post in my spare time at home.
(Whenever my wife isn't informing me that there's something eles I'd rather be doing.)

If your home page is MrExcel then you're a bit more hard core than I am.
(I just have an icon on the desktop that brings me directly to the forum.) :lol:

Items 2 & 4 for me. I'm here when I'm bored and have nothing better to do at work (in both cases). Sigh.

Hi,

5 votes yet.
I wonder who has voted "MrExcel is my job"?

Since almost all my activities are at home, option 1 gets my vote. When answering questions, I'm not payed by any boss. For me this is just experiment & practice: keeping everything in the fingers :-)

kind regards,
Erik

Ditto what Dan said for me, except MrExcel is my home page.

Just call me pathetic (my wife does...) :lol:

Smitty

I wasn't going to admit this at the start but I have IE7 with the tabs and stuff, so I set up 3 home pages: Yahoo (for my email), the Excel Questions board, and the Lounge. :oops:

On the plus side, it saves me navigating around the forums!!

In fact I hardly ever use Excel at work so I would vote number 1.

The only reason I use Excel is to stay sharp and to have some fun .I find that Excel combined with VBA offers endless possibilities to boost creative thinking like nothing else. It's been nearly six months now since my last poste here and I feel very nostalgic seeing some great codes from some of the very best and dedicated Excellers around.

Regards.

1 and 2 for me, with some 4 thrown in. And the Board is one of my home pages too... 3 tabs in Firefox, the other two are news sites.

My MrExcel time varies between several hours in a slow day, and not surfacing for a couple of weeks. And I could give it up ANY time, really...

No, I'm hooked :lol:

Denis

Until about 3 months ago I would have been a definite "1". I did not use MrExcel at work - except for a couple of occasions when I needed to search for solutions to work Excel-related problems.

Having resigned my job in March, I am now more of a "4". I guess it will stay that way unless my wife (or the bank manager) forces me to go back to work. :-D

MrExcel is my homepage too :help:

I guess it will stay that way unless my wife (or the bank manager) forces me to go back to work.
...Then again, you might find a way to make a living out of Excel and keep the bank manager happy. Not to mention the wife! :-D

Denis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lugen

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back