What to do?

slipit1

I would like to know how I can get replies from my post after they have fallen off the 1st page with no posts without having to repost?

Just because a question falls off the first page does not mean that it will not get looked at or answered. Most of us heavy posters look at least a few pages deep for unanswered questions.

If you have no replies to your question, and it has been at least a few hours, and your question is at least a few pages deep, then you are permitted to bump up your question by replying to it yourself. So people do this simply with the word "BUMP" in the reply. This will bring it back to the top page.

No, that is an entirely different site (no relation to us).
You may find some common members on both sites (a lot of people post are active on multiple Excel help forums).

The forum is set up nearly the same that is why I asked. I also learned an inportant lesson about "cross posting" apparently your not supposed to do that in the community unless including the link. Never heard of it but they closed my post. See this
A message for cross posters

I will be sure to use the same process here.

Sometimes "bumping" a post is less effective than just waiting. Many posters use the "unanswered posts" quick link to find questions that have no answer. If you've bumped your post (especially more than once), it may look like your question has already been answered.
If you have a question that hasn't been answered for several hours or a day, take a look at what you're asking and how you're asking it. Have you given enough information that someone could provide a helpful answer? Have you given an example of your input with the expected result? (An example is worth 1000 words). Does it sound like you're demanding help rather than asking for it? Does the title make sense?
Cindy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hamdan17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back