What system should I use? (Excel, Access, Power BI, etc)

LearnVBA83

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi experts!

I have 3 systems that I am trying to tie out lets call them (Apple, Orange, Grape). Each system has a unique ID that should tie between the systems and I can download the weekly reports in csv or excel format. What I need to do is compare all three systems to see the below results:

What is in Apple but not Orange?
What is in Apple but not Grape?
What is in Orange but not Grape?
What is in Apple and Orange that tie by Unique ID but have a variance in original cost?
What is in Orange and Grape that tie by Unique ID but have a variance in original cost?
What is in Apple and Orange that tie by Unique ID but have a variance in payment amount?
What is in Orange and Grape that tie by Unique ID but have a variance in payment amount?
What is in Apple and Orange that tie by Unique ID but have a variance in adjustment amount?
What is in Orange and Grape that tie by Unique ID but have a variance in adjustment amount?

I would like for this to spit out the results in separate spreadsheets.

What system would you use? I would love to use Alteryx but I don't think my boss would spend the licensing fee. Systems on my computer are Excel, Access, I think power query in excel, I think i have power BI. Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Access has a long (or is it steep) learning curve if you want to do it well. However, I can't comment on whether or not those other apps are capable because I have no experience with them.

If those fruits were tables in the same db, should be doable with queries. In the vernacular I think you would say
"link Apple and Orange on ID fields and return records where they are equal AND Apple.payment <> Orange.payment"

Upvote 0
PBI definitely, if you have a licence

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back