What is your Work Music?

Err

What do you listen to while you work?

I'm assuming that we all do computer work but I could be wrong.

Right now my coworker is listening to Enya whilst I am listening to the Shins.

Of course I have a drawer filled with music CD's and my music selection changes. Today it's the Shins "Oh, Inverted World".

What do you listen to?

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
I listen to a mix of 1500 of my favorite songs. Sometimes, however, I'm forced to listen to whatever my co-workers are listening to since we're in an open office. There music choices aren't that bad, but the overlapping songs get to me.

Listening to music (or anything else, for that matter) is NOT allowed where I work... :huh:

Given my choice, though, it would be either the local classical radio station
or any of my collection of live Grateful Dead cds. 8-) Love those looong
improvisational excursions to inner space.. :o

Dan

While at the PC, brewing formulas or Subroutines, I prefer the sound of silence.

The other part of my work, I'm listening all the time to what my piano is producing: Next concert 24th June. If you need a pianist, feel free to call me :-)

Where I'm working at the moment is a little noisy so I just put on the headphones and crank up Blink 182 and a whole lot of songs from the 80's (The Clash, OMD etc). I much prefer working to music....

Andrew

Yeh I much prefer earphones plugged in over the constant moaning and bickering of my fellow co-workers.

Mine plays randomly between Arctic Monkeys; Gorillaz; GNR;Nirvana; Chillis....
I couldn't do my job without music :)

I’m more of an instrumental guitarist kinda guy, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Vinnie Moore, Blues Saraceno, etc. I find that lyrics in a song just distract me as I sing along to them!!

If no one's around it's Tool, TypeO Negative, AC/DC, Megadeath or something similarily metallic/heavy, otherwise it's something relatively mellow and instrumental like Tangerine Dream or even classical...

Zappa if the office is really dead. ;)

Smitty

If my co-workers are really getting to me and I want to be left alone, I put my "Mad About Cartoons" CD in and sing along.

Kill the wabbit, Kill the wabbit... :diablo: :-D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roberto Saveru

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back