What does this icon mean?

TigerGyrlAlly

I am trying to redesign some forms that someone else created in access. The only problem is that I can open the forms and view them but I have no way of getting into the design view. All of the forms have this icon beside them, but I don't know what it means or if it is what is stopping me from being able to edit the forms. I tried to paste it in the window but that didn't work so I will describe it: There is a small gray menu to the left, a little infront and slightly to the right there is a yellow circle with two arrows inside of it. There is a red arrow going left and a blue arrow below it going right.

Any ideas?[/img]

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Do you have access to the Database Window (the main window with different tabs on it for Tables - Queries - Forms - etc.)? If so, just open the form(s) in Design View from there.

If the Database Window is not visible, try hitting F11 to make it show up.

Let us know if you have success or not,

Russell

Upvote 0
Is the file an .mde file, or .mdb? If it is an MDE file then you will need to fine the source MDB file...or do you have to sign in to the database? If so, then you don't have design access and you need to obtain the administrator password.

HTH,

Russell

Upvote 0
It is an .mdb file. I have to sign in to link the backend of the database to the front end. I looked at the security settings. I am signed in as the administrator and have access to Open/Run, Read Design, Modify Design, Administer but still cannot look at the design of the forms or edit them.

I tried importing the forms into the backend but that didn't work either - I imported all of them and was able to open one but when I clicked on a button I got an error stating that the onclick, onclose, etc procedures associated with it were not able to be found by access. After that I couldn't open the forms so I deleted them and tried to import them again but when I try to do the import now, only 3 forms transfer over.

Upvote 0
Interesting. I don't know why you would want to import them into the back end though...

You are signing into the front end, right?

Was this DB created in Access 2K or above? If so, see if the VBA behind the forms is password-protected...

Upvote 0
Also, try this: close your database and then see if there is an LDB file still in the folder containing either the front end or the back end. If it is, delete it (if you are sure that no one has either db open). Then try to open the form in design view again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmix803

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back