What do you think?

Rick Rothstein

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Is it just me, or does this seem ridiculous to anyone else as well...

XPS 18 Portable All-in-One

I mean, it is just a big friggin' tablet (albeit a powerful one) right (I see no DVD player when looking at the video)? I think I would just rather have a large screened laptop (touch capable which is the trend now) that closed like a clam shell to protect the screen and includes a DVD player.

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
It's not just you...it's far too big to be considered as a tablet! (which is what they are trying to do I think)

On the plus side however, I like the fact that it's a portable PC so it can easily be relocated. Other than that..nah!

AP.

We have an iPad, and I enjoy it. I also like the non-reflective surface on my laptop, though, and misery and sadness will follow all the days of he who layeth his finger thereon.

IMO, they are two different tools for different purposes.

...misery and sadness will follow all the days of he who layeth his finger thereon.
:laugh:

It winds me up no end when someone touches my screen with their grubby paws! I should keep a cigar cutter next to my monitor just in case! :mad:

It winds me up no end when someone touches my screen with their grubby paws! I should keep a cigar cutter next to my monitor just in case! :mad:

My wife and daughter are the worst at that. For some reason they can't seem to tell the difference between touchscreen and non-touchscreen.

A clamshell design lets you use your lap or any surface (even beds,etc.), but this design has two stubby little legs to hold it up and would require being propped against something or a flat smooth surface. I vote clamshell...

I used to work with a woman who pointed with her pen. We could always tell when she had been near a screen. Occasionally she would tap someone on the shoulder and ruin their shirt.

As a speaker at Excel seminars and training events I have learned to wear black shirts! I spend so much time at the flip chart and white board... Occasionally I'd get the ink on my shirt and that ink doesn't wash out! I ruined my best (most expensive) shirt that way. Maybe I should wear an apron?! :laugh:

Saaaay Bill, how about some MrExcel aprons to add to your online shop? ;-)

As a speaker at Excel seminars and training events I have learned to wear black shirts! I spend so much time at the flip chart and white board... Occasionally I'd get the ink on my shirt and that ink doesn't wash out! I ruined my best (most expensive) shirt that way. Maybe I should wear an apron?! :laugh:

Saaaay Bill, how about some MrExcel aprons to add to your online shop? ;-)

...black, of course!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roberto Saveru

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back