What do you do for a living?

MrKowz

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
What do you do for a living? We all know that you just spend your time on MrExcel.com, so we can just say what do you "pretend" to do?

Myself, I am an Actuarial Science student working on his Bachelor/Master's degree (accelerated program) as well as trying to pass his second SOA Exam (Exam 2/FM).

I work for an excess workers compensation business.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
I work at a call center, and manage a Data Access intranet site for agent and manager performance statistics and coaching. Also some Call Volume reporting. With global clients, in U.S., India, Phillipenes

I work as an analyst in an oil and gas company... But we are a small shop and I do a lot of different things including operational activities. But, I get work out problems, build models and fix models in Excel and it is those activities which bring me here, to a mecca of excel knowledge.

Research chemist - drinking water quality and treatment.

I sometimes build Excel/VBA models for this as well as general data analysis and number crunching.

I work in a multinational Financial Organisation in MIS (Management Information System) and do all the work with & in Excel (including VBA) as core. I am working with these Financial Orgs (2 companies in 3 years) since last 3 years and before that I too used to work in a Call Center BPO at Bombay, India - place where I live :-D I used to work in STREAM - APAC (Asia Pacific) and I was a Sr. Professional into MIS / Operations. I used to work for DELL CCOD (Customer Care Operations Desk) at STREAM. Before this, I was a Sr. Faculty at APTECH COMPUTER EDUCATION - teaching Core JAVA, Advanced JAVA & Distributed Applications Programming ;)

Hi VOG II,

One small question in regards to the most common water purifier in India: how good is Aquaguard (from Eureka Forbes) as a home use filter and is it good enough to keep water borne diseases away ? Which filter according to you is the best for home use ?

Here in India, thousands of people die every week due to water borne diseases. I hope, I am not asking too much :-D

Hi VOG II,

One small question in regards to the most common water purifier in India: how good is Aquaguard (from Eureka Forbes) as a home use filter and is it good enough to keep water borne diseases away ? Which filter according to you is the best for home use ?

Here in India, thousands of people die every week due to water borne diseases. I hope, I am not asking too much :-D

Hi Stormseed

I couldn't possibly comment on particular filters in a public forum :)

If you are going to buy a filter, get one from a reputable company. I don't know the situation in India but in the UK there is a trade association - British Water http://www.britishwater.co.uk/ - whose members are reputable.

One of the biggest issues with domestic water filters is maintenance. If you don't change/clean the filter element at the recommended frequency you can end up with higher bacteria counts in the filtered water than in the input (bacteria colonise the filter medium and proliferate). Note however that these bugs are not necessarily harmful to health.

I work in the charity sector - basically telling the people who give us money how we are spending it. In a nutshell.

I have just started a Masters in Classical Civilisation, for fun, but with any luck it will lead me into the heritage sector.

Hi Stormseed

I couldn't possibly comment on particular filters in a public forum :)

One of the biggest issues with domestic water filters is maintenance. If you don't change/clean the filter element at the recommended frequency you can end up with higher bacteria counts in the filtered water than in the input (bacteria colonise the filter medium and proliferate). Note however that these bugs are not necessarily harmful to health

Hi again Vog II,

No problem, sir. Much appreciate your response though. I asked about the filters because you said that you were into research for quality of water. Hence I guess, you were the best person to suggest something in regards to the filters available in the markets. Thanks for the additional information on the filter elements.

Presently: Nothing
Past: Financial Systems Manager

Hi Luke,

why do you say that ? Presently you are doing a wonderful job educating other people across the globe in terms of teaching Excel to the world - free of cost. Now, thats what you call as an achievement ! It provides you with job satisfaction and it is what matters the most :-D

I'm a reinsurance analyst. If anyone knows what that is, could they explain it to me? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GunsofBrixton

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back