What am I doing Wrong?

Jeffrey Mahoney

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
How do I add a quote?

I highlight the text in a previous post and choose + Quote, but it doesn't seem to copy the text nor add it to my next post. I know I'm missing a step or something.

Jeff

After you do that, you will see the "Insert quotes..." option under your reply box, i.e.
1716918053407.png

Just click that, and it will show you all the things you have quoted that you have not inserted into replies yet.

How do I add a quote?

After you do that, you will see the "Insert quotes..." option under your reply box, i.e.

Well, when I pressed the Insert Quotes button there were about 50 previous quotes in the Que. I thought I could choose one but it added all of them :biggrin:

Now I'm all caught up. Sheesh, I thought the Insert Quotes button was to start the selection of the quote, not let mw choose which quotes I've added to the que.

You click "Remove" to remove any quotes you do not want to include in the reply.
Typically, you would not have a big backlog (unless you you kept clicking "Quote", not knowing what it did ;) ).

Yeah, and the nice feature is that it removes the que after I insert the quotes. Thank you for helping me be less dumb.

Yeah, and the nice feature is that it removes the que after I insert the quotes. Thank you for helping me be less dumb.
No worries!

Its like the old saying, "its easy when you know how".
But you don't know what you don't know.

Other members have pointed our some features on this board that I was unaware of myself!

I rarely use the +Quote feature.
What I've been doing is simply using the Reply feature on the selection appears as soon as I select the part I'd like to quote, unless I would like to insert a few quotes at once.

1716929820885.png

A soon as I click on the Reply option, it appends the selected section (including images if any) into the post editor where the cursor is placed.
1716929918701.png

What I've been doing is simply using the Reply feature on the selection appears as soon as I select the part I'd like to quote, unless I would like to insert a few quotes at once.
Easier, thank you

smozgur, two things:
What is Suat? What role is Builders Club Member?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back