What am I doing wrong

uwish7

I created an expression from tables. in the formular, I referenced the tables. See below on DailyUsageForecast. I want to take the daily forecast below and multiply it by 7. Must I reference a table? I received an error when I did not. I am not sure what table to reference since it is the same query
DailyUsageForecast:(([c].[RM_Usage_Percentage])/100*IIf(IsNumeric(.[Forecast]),.[Forecast],0))/.[DaysInMonth]

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
You would need to use the Table Reference if the particular field name exists in both Tables used in the query (so there would be ambiguity if you left it out).
Are both tables actually in the query?

If you are having trouble figuring it out, it may be helpful if you switch your query to SQL View, and copy and paste the code here for us to see it.

Upvote 0
You would need to use the Table Reference if the particular field name exists in both Tables used in the query (so there would be ambiguity if you left it out).
Are both tables actually in the query?

If you are having trouble figuring it out, it may be helpful if you switch your query to SQL View, and copy and paste the code here for us to see it.
didn't add a "

SELECT a.Day AS Week, b.Plant, b.Component, b.Description, b.WeeklyUsageForecast AS WeeklyUsageForecastFromMonthly, b.[HALB/KMAT Material], b.Month, b.DailyUsageForecast
FROM (daysWeeks AS a INNER JOIN ForecastCalculations AS b ON a.Month = b.Month) INNER JOIN UserInput ON (b.Plant = UserInput.Plant) AND (b.Component = UserInput.Matnr)
GROUP BY a.Day, b.Plant, b.Component, b.Description, b.WeeklyUsageForecast, b.[HALB/KMAT Material], b.Month, b.DailyUsageForecast, b.RM_Usage_Percentage, b.Forecast, b.DaysInMonth, b.WeeksInMonth, b.MonthlyUsageForecast;

Upvote 0
didn't add a "
Not sure what you are saying there.
Do you mean that you found the problem?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PierreF

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back