Web surfing at work - good or bad, or other?

arkusM

I came across this article today. It is interesting... Not sure if your place of employmnet has strict rules/policies (if they do, if they are enforced).
It will beinteresting to see how the world adapts to th ominipresense of the internet.
My kids will not know a world without it, their venacular already includes words that did not exsist a few years ago and are more familiar with video content over the internet than another format...

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/narikan...ase-productivity-and-creativity-at-work-47957

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
We are allowed to surf - controlled by our firewall which blocks certain sites (mainly **** I assume).

In fact we run a Time Management course which encourages us to "reward" ourselves, maybe by a quick surf, before proceeding to the next task.

Huh, reward yourself with a quick fix, I mean surf, that more progressive than where I work. LOL
Ah yeah, the "firewall" we have a firewall that is very odd. It blocks the strangest sites sometimes...

I work from a remote office outside the company intranet, so there is no restriction.
But within the company, the policy says we should not use it even though it is freely available without restriction (yeah, I know it sounds odd)

The only reason for the “don’t use it” rule is in case our browsing results in a virus that the IT guys have to waste time sorting it out. I guess it will continue until the privilege gets abused, then we will be hit with more rigidly enforced rules.

However, this subject makes me think about the posts on this forum. Do you guys answer posts whilst at work?

I guess it will continue until the privilege gets abused, then we will be hit with more rigidly enforced rules.

However, this subject makes me think about the posts on this forum. Do you guys answer posts whilst at work?

Always the abusers that caouse trouble.

The ONLY time I am on this forum is at work.

I couldn't do my job if I didn't post on this site while at work. I can't say the lounge has directly benefitted my job, but it has kept me sane. The other forums...Priceless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xel003

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back