web photo gallery

SnowWhite48

In the other thread I god the advice so soon so I hope that it would me the same here. Please tell me if I use flash photo gallery on my web page, will the users be able to download my photos without my permission?

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
I guess to some extent it depends how you set up your web page.

But at the very least, if users can reach your web page, they'll be able to do a crude download simply by doing a screendump.

I'd guess it would stop the casual user from getting hold of them other than doing a print screen like Gerald suggests. I uploaded some to a site a couple of years back and was advised I should watermark them to prevent copying but I just uploaded a low resolution set and advised anyone who wanted to use them to contact me for the better version.

Dom

If this photo gallery is some sort of Flash plugin/addin/application then I'm pretty sure they won't be able to download your photos.

Not in one of the 'normal' ways, eg right clicking the picture and selecting Save picture as..., anyway.

Obviously the pictures will be stored somewhere, eg server, but it would take a lot of effort to download them from there.

Have you looked at using jalbum, its a free web album creator with LOADS of skins, many of them configurable to add watermarks, or disable downloads (amongst other things).

I use it myself and it really is very good.

[Solved] web photo gallery

Have you looked at using jalbumflash photo gallery, its a free web album creator with LOADS of skins, many of them configurable to add watermarks, or disable downloads (amongst other things).

I use it myself and it really is very good.

Thanks for everybody for the time and affords you've spent to answer me. I've downloaded flash based gallery and it disables download button. I decided that firstly I'll use it without watermark titles not to spoil my images but if I find out this to be not very efficient then I'll have to add watermarks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Auroraaa

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back