Wanting to use a macro to copy from a list and paste values in a filter... Any help is appreciated.

MikeGo

Looking to use a macro to index down a list copying the value and toggle to a worksheet and paste value into the filter to look at different project details ..

Any ideas on how to use a macro to filter for one specific project would be appreciated..

Thanks,:eek:

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Hi..

Your post lacks a few details.. but you should be able to apply this to what you need..

Basically.. it does the following:

1. Loops through a List of filter values on Sheet1 from A2 to the Last used row in A.
2. Applies each Filter value to Sheet2 for the range (A2:C" & Last used row)... (Header row is in row 2)
3. Displays the result on Sheet 2 and prompts the user to continue loop to next filter value or to quit filtering. (Displaying what the next Filter value is on the Popup)

Just add a CommandButton1 to Sheet1 and put your data as shown below to test and then adapt..

Code:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Dim Crit As String, Ans As String
Dim i As Long, LastRow As Long, LastRow2 As Long

LastRow = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
LastRow2 = Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

For i = 2 To LastRow
Crit = Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(i, 1).Value
Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A2:C" & LastRow2).AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:=Crit

If Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(i, 1).Row = LastRow Then Exit Sub

Sheets("Sheet2").Activate
Ans = MsgBox("Go To Next Filter Value?" & Chr$(10) & Chr$(10) & "Next Value = " & Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(i + 1, 1).Value, vbYesNo)

If Ans = vbYes Then
GoTo 1
ElseIf Ans = vbNo Then Exit Sub
End If
Next i
End Sub

<b>Sheet1</b><br /><br /><table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="font-family:Calibri,Arial; font-size:11pt; background-color:#ffffff; padding-left:2pt; padding-right:2pt; "> <colgroup><col style="font-weight:bold; width:30px; " /><col style="width:214px;" /></colgroup><tr style="background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; font-size:8pt; "><td > </td><td >A</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >2</td><td style="text-align:right; ">2</td></tr><tr style="height:22px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >3</td><td style="text-align:right; ">1</td></tr><tr style="height:22px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >4</td><td style="text-align:right; ">4</td></tr><tr style="height:22px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >5</td><td style="text-align:right; ">3</td></tr><tr style="height:22px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >6</td><td style="text-align:right; ">6</td></tr></table> <br />Excel tables to the web - Excel Jeanie Html 4

<b>Sheet2</b><br /><br /><table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="font-family:Calibri,Arial; font-size:11pt; background-color:#ffffff; padding-left:2pt; padding-right:2pt; "> <colgroup><col style="font-weight:bold; width:30px; " /><col style="width:191px;" /><col style="width:159px;" /><col style="width:97px;" /></colgroup><tr style="background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; font-size:8pt; "><td > </td><td >A</td><td >B</td><td >C</td></tr><tr style="height:19px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >1</td><td > </td><td > </td><td > </td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >2</td><td style="background-color:#008080; font-weight:bold; ">Key</td><td style="background-color:#008080; font-weight:bold; ">Description</td><td style="background-color:#008080; font-weight:bold; ">Data</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >3</td><td style="background-color:#ffcc99; font-weight:bold; font-family:Arial; text-align:left; ">1</td><td style="background-color:#ffcc99; font-weight:bold; font-family:Arial; text-align:left; ">aaa</td><td style="background-color:#ffcc99; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; ">Yes</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >4</td><td style="background-color:#ffcc99; font-weight:bold; font-family:Arial; text-align:left; ">2</td><td style="background-color:#ffcc99; font-weight:bold; font-family:Arial; text-align:left; ">bbb</td><td style="background-color:#ffcc99; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; ">No</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >5</td><td style="background-color:#ffcc99; font-weight:bold; font-family:Arial; text-align:left; ">3</td><td style="background-color:#ffcc99; font-weight:bold; font-family:Arial; text-align:left; ">ccc</td><td style="background-color:#ffcc99; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; ">Yes</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >6</td><td style="background-color:#ffcc99; font-weight:bold; font-family:Arial; text-align:left; ">2</td><td style="background-color:#ffcc99; font-weight:bold; font-family:Arial; text-align:left; ">bbb</td><td style="background-color:#ffcc99; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; ">No</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >7</td><td style="background-color:#ffcc99; font-weight:bold; font-family:Arial; text-align:left; ">4</td><td style="background-color:#ffcc99; font-weight:bold; font-family:Arial; text-align:left; ">ddd</td><td style="background-color:#ffcc99; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; ">Yes</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >8</td><td style="background-color:#ffcc99; font-weight:bold; font-family:Arial; text-align:left; ">1</td><td style="background-color:#ffcc99; font-weight:bold; font-family:Arial; text-align:left; ">aaa</td><td style="background-color:#ffcc99; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; ">No</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >9</td><td style="background-color:#ffcc99; font-weight:bold; font-family:Arial; text-align:left; ">3</td><td style="background-color:#ffcc99; font-weight:bold; font-family:Arial; text-align:left; ">ccc</td><td style="background-color:#ffcc99; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; ">Yes</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >10</td><td style="background-color:#ffcc99; font-weight:bold; font-family:Arial; text-align:left; ">6</td><td style="background-color:#ffcc99; font-weight:bold; font-family:Arial; text-align:left; ">fff</td><td style="background-color:#ffcc99; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; ">No</td></tr></table> <br />Excel tables to the web - Excel Jeanie Html 4

Upvote 0
Hi..

Your post lacks a few details.. but you should be able to apply this to what you need..

Basically.. it does the following:

1. Loops through a List of filter values on Sheet1 from A2 to the Last used row in A.
2. Applies each Filter value to Sheet2 for the range (A2:C" & Last used row)... (Header row is in row 2)
3. Displays the result on Sheet 2 and prompts the user to continue loop to next filter value or to quit filtering. (Displaying what the next Filter value is on the Popup)

Just add a CommandButton1 to Sheet1 and put your data as shown below to test and then adapt..

Code:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Dim Crit As String, Ans As String
Dim i As Long, LastRow As Long, LastRow2 As Long

LastRow = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
LastRow2 = Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

For i = 2 To LastRow
Crit = Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(i, 1).Value
Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A2:C" & LastRow2).AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:=Crit

If Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(i, 1).Row = LastRow Then Exit Sub

Sheets("Sheet2").Activate
Ans = MsgBox("Go To Next Filter Value?" & Chr$(10) & Chr$(10) & "Next Value = " & Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(i + 1, 1).Value, vbYesNo)

If Ans = vbYes Then
GoTo 1
ElseIf Ans = vbNo Then Exit Sub
End If
Next i
End Sub

Sheet1

*A

<COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 30px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold"><COL style="WIDTH: 214px"></COLGROUP><TBODY>
</TBODY>

Excel tables to the web - Excel Jeanie Html 4

Sheet2

*ABC
1***
2KeyDescriptionData
31aaaYes
42bbbNo
53cccYes
62bbbNo
74dddYes
81aaaNo
93cccYes
106fffNo

<COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 30px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold"><COL style="WIDTH: 191px"><COL style="WIDTH: 159px"><COL style="WIDTH: 97px"></COLGROUP><TBODY>
</TBODY>

Excel tables to the web - Excel Jeanie Html 4

???? I am a record the macro key .. type user ..

If you can tell me how to get your visual basic routine up and runnign I can make the necessary changes but right now I'm a bit stumped ..

Thanks, ( and yes, I probably should make the leap into the VB world .. )

Upvote 0
Hi .. Actually got this to work indexing down the page .. but I want to print out each item as it is indexing down... can you assist??

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi..

So you want to print the visible rows on sheet2 after each autofilter criteria is applied?

Is that correct?

Upvote 0
Hi..

So you want to print the visible rows on sheet2 after each autofilter criteria is applied?

Is that correct?

Yes, I want to print each of the filter lists and then cycle down through the list until it ends .. It doesnt need to ask each time if I want to print more .. but that not a bad safegaurd ...I truly appreciate the help ... any suggestions on how I can learn the basics of VB in excel is much appreciated as well .. I think I need to work smarter...:biggrin:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Found the sentence .. Sheets("Sheet2").PrintOut Copies:=1 Thanks...

Any suggestions for a resource to perform a few various sub-routines?? I am sure I could be working a bit more efficiently with a bit more VBA coding ..

Thanks...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alchavar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back