Want a Free Copy of the Book "Professional Excel Development" (aka PED)?

XL-Dennis

The Lottery
The authors offer members in the MrExcel community a chance to participate in a lottery where three people will get a free copy of the second edition of PED. The submission deadline is: 10/17/2009 at 12:00 AM.

In order to participate all you have to do is the following:
- Send an e-mail to: consult@xldennis.com
- Add the following in the subject field: "MrExcel PED Lottery"
- In the body of the e-mail answer the following question: Which Excel version do you use most frequently?

The Rules
- Only one version of Excel should be mentioned in the e-mail.
- The e-mails must be submitted before the deadline 10/17/2009 at 12:00 AM.
- Winners will be randomly selected.
- Winners will be notified by email, so please provide a valid email address.
- The copies will be shipped, postage paid, but taxes or other charges (if any) will be the responsibility of the recipient.
- The winner’s names will be published on the MrExcel message board together with the results of the question. The outcome will also be published at the XL-Dennis blog.

For more information about the book please see http://www.appspro.com/Books/ProExcelDev.htm.

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
If you would like to take your Excel & VB coding up a notch or three, this is the book that can help you do it. I would put in for it, but I pre-ordered mine on Amazon months before it came out and have been enjoying it since May.

Thanks for making such a great offer, Dennis.

Regards,

I totally agree with Greg. I have the first version on my bookshelf and I learned a lot from that one. I hope I will win this lottery so that I can upgrade my skills for version 2007 (which I have only started using quite recently :oops:). I still mostly use 2003 though.

If I don't win this lottery, I think I'll buy it anyway (I hope this doesn't disqualify me :biggrin:).

I accept with information about The Rules:
- Only one version of Excel should be mentioned in the e-mail.
- The e-mails must be submitted before the deadline 10/17/2009 at 12:00 AM.
- Winners will be randomly selected.
- Winners will be notified by email, so please provide a valid email address.

I hope to compile the list of winners and post it here in this thread by the end of this week.

It's very quiet, do we assume the winners have been notified directly?

Dom

Hi,

The lottery has been conducted and the winners have been notified. I will compile the list of which versions of Excel people use and then post a full detailed post.

Thanks.

Hi all,

First of all, we want to thank Mr Excel for allowing us to have the PED lottery. Second, we also want to thank everyone who showed interest of the book by participating in the lottery.
The following members of the board have won a copy of the book:
* Elizabeth Ball
* Jeffrey Smith
* Erik Van Geit

Congratulations and we hope you will enjoy reading it!

As for the question of which version you use the outcome is as follows:
Excel 2000: 3 %
Excel 2002: 10 %
Excel 2003: 42 %
Excel 2007: 45 %

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to those who won. Guess I'll have to spend my hard-earned if I want a copy now.

The percentage of users on 2007 seems completely at odds with the number of times I have to tell excel that I'm well aware there may be significant loss of functionality but it's a risk I'm willing to take.

I can only surmise that either people who may benefit from PED are likely to be running 2007 or that our clients and suppliers (and one particular company director for some reason) do not like to embrace change.

Nick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabat01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back