Von Pookie: Cannot do as requested

kojak43

You want me to use HTML Maker and select a smaller sample to be copied.
I can and did that with the datasets. However, with a Pivot Table I am disallowed to select a small sample. It just copies ALL the Pivot Table. Rendering it unusable.

I've read the FAQ, and have all elements checked for Excel 2007. But no joy with a small selection of cell in a Pivot Table.

Your guidance and patience is greatly appreciated.
k

An alternate solution would be to take a screenshot of the data. You can then upload the image and link to it in the post instead of displaying an HTML example.

Book1
JKLM
4March3.711705747
5April2.88700303
6May41.6323366
Sheet1

Book1
JKLM
1Row LabelsSum of Count
2January2.835317899
3February52.27556064
4March3.711705747
Sheet1

I've posted two parts of an Excel 2007 pivot table.. seems to be working fine?

what steps are you following? I selected the cells I wanted then "convert sheet to html" from the addin's menu.

from the resulting IE page, click the View Source button and CTRL+A to manually copy all the source. then paste it.... Note that the example that is shown in IE is also what I selected.... does yours?

I've posted two parts of an Excel 2007 pivot table.. seems to be working fine?

what steps are you following? I selected the cells I wanted then "convert sheet to html" from the addin's menu.

from the resulting IE page, click the View Source button and CTRL+A to manually copy all the source. then paste it.... Note that the example that is shown in IE is also what I selected.... does yours?

Does yours? Sadly no.
I highlight A1:D24 and then Convert Sheet to HTML. It cooks and asks if I want to accept Formula. Yes. Cooks again then tells me Generated over Maximum Size. Then it shows me the HTML image. And it is the Pivot Table showing A1:D83.
I have also highlighted the same cells and tried Select Used Range. Same result.

I read Von Pookie's instructions for the HTML Maker and followed the additional steps for 2007.

I also tried Von Pookie's suggestion for a screen capture. That did not work either. I pressed ALT + Print Screen on the Pivot Table page. Opened Word and nothing was there to paste.

Sigh
k

what if you don't generate formulas??

I also tried Von Pookie's suggestion for a screen capture. That did not work either. I pressed ALT + Print Screen on the Pivot Table page. Opened Word and nothing was there to paste.

Why would you need to open Word? Print screen creates an image; just open Paint (or any other graphics program) and paste, save the image file, then upload.

Why would you need to open Word? Print screen creates an image; just open Paint (or any other graphics program) and paste, save the image file, then upload.

I am just a creature of habit. I usually use Word. The point is, <alt> Print Screen placed nothing in the clipboard. So nothing is available to paste in Word, Notepad, or Paint.

I think I found a work around. I highlighted that portion of the PT I want to show in Mr Excel. Opened a new worksheet and pasted that in the new sheet. Then I went to Add-in>HTML and Saved Page. That worked.

So thanks guys. I appreciate your help and patience with this FOG (Fat, old guy)

Hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend.

k

what if you don't generate formulas??

Same result.
See my response to Von Pookie about the work around.

Thanks for your help. Someday I am going to try to learn why microsoft is out to get me. I mean things work on your computer and Kristie's computer, but when it come to this FOG, not so much!

Sigh
k

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wella86

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back