Vlookup Un-concatenated Values?

Jtucker10278

Board Regular
I apologize, i don't know how to cleaning ask this question or I would probably be able to find the solution on my one

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
I don't think there is very much we can do from that description, as it provides no detail at all.
Maybe it would be better if you should us an example of your data and expected results.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0
(i cant even use this forum correctly, my brain is just not on today)

what I have is giant spread sheet with lots of data and the left 2 columns are

Jobnumber Release number

24035 R1
24035 R2
22051 R7

etc etc

how can i VLOOKUP both values to get data from that line without adding a column and concatenating them

something like
VLOOKUP(A26&B26,PanelStatus!A18:M42,5,FALSE)

Upvote 0
Jobnumber Release number

24035 R1
24035 R2
22051 R7
Is this the range of values you are looking up, or the structure of the range that you are looking into for a match?
Please show us the structure of BOTH sides.

Upvote 0
The sheet I am looking at to pull data from is set up like this (also I cannot add a concatenated column to this sheet as it auto updates every 15 min and needs to stay as is)
ABCDEF
Job #Release #Pnl QtyPnl Cut QtyPnl Asm QtyPnl Pack qty
21053R11381075640
21053R7254254254253
23008R164400

Then i have my sheet that i want to put the information that i have looked up. but I can structure that however i need or want to as i will enter the job and Release number manually t get the information i want to see.
ABCDE
Job#Release #Concatenated Job/R#pnlqtypnl pack qty
21053R121053R113840
23008R1623008R16440

the main sheet has probably 150 rows and 40 Columns of data
but I only need to look at the data for about 5 to 10 job/R#s at a time and less than half of columns but its a pain to sort and filter through so much, hoping to find a way to pull the data
thanks for the help

Upvote 0
I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’).

There are two methods shown here. The XLOOKUP, if you have Excel 365, is probably the easier way to go!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvp2262

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back