Vlookup on Date Dependant Tabs?

Nephaisys

Morning all - Long time reader, first time poster.

I have a small issue. I have 4 excel files. Each one of these files is updated daily, and the tabs are given new names respective of the date. (eg, yesterday's one will be 04-05-09, todays will be 05-05-09). I'm creating a summary page bringing information from all of these files into one 'front page', but due to the dates on the tabs changing daily, I'm unsure how to make a vlookup find the date, and match it with a tab name before actually doing the lookup within the sheet ... hope that makes sense!

Any help is always appreciate.

Thanks, and have a good day! =D

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
may be something like

=VLOOKUP(A1,INDIRECT("'"&TEXT(TODAY(),"dd-mm-yy")&"'!$A$1:$D$100"),2,0)

Upvote 0
Hmmm... my four sheets are not attached to the front page I'm creating at all. I think in my sleepy haste this morning I was wrong when discribing my problem.:LOL:

I have an excel document. The document grows in size per day by one tab, which is renamed daily to represent the date. I have a seperate sheet on which I want to pull information from this document; but only from the tab which represents todays date.

I **think** I need some kind of Vlookup with the TODAY() formula in, that will look and flick me to the right tab. And I have a funny feeling it's probably done in VB, to which end, you fabulous people on the internet I will need a code I can just copy and paste if possible - as I am a complete n00b when it comes to such things.

Thanks guys, really appreciate your help =D

Upvote 0
Almost like =Vlookup(A1,[in work book as a tab],2,FALSE) but you know, without my idiot self doing it =D -- Finding whatever's in cell A1 as a tab name in another document. I'm sorry. I can't believe it took me 3 posts to realise what I meant to say o_O

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alchavar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back